Barat Academy is pleased to announce that we have been designated an A+ school by the Missouri Department of Education.
The A+ Scholarship Program provides scholarship funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating public community college or vocational/technical school, or certain private two-year vocational/technical schools.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements
· Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
· Enter into a written agreement with your high school prior to graduation.
· Attend a designated A+ high school for 3 years immediately prior to graduation.1
· Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
· Have at least a 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12.
· Perform at least 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring, of which up to 25% may include job shadowing prior to graduation. 2
· Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol while in grades 9-12.
· Have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I end of course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics.3
For more information on this program and how your Barat student can apply, visit: http://dhe.mo.gov/ppc/grants/aplusscholarship.php.